Welcome to MedStar Inventor Services, a Division of MedStar Institute for Innovation (MI2) working in collaboration with MedStar Health Research Institute (MHRI).
Our mission is to advance the best ideas of MedStar associates from concept to reality, transforming inventions into commercial products & services. A myriad of services that support inventors and innovation are now available to creative MedStar associates. These services are possible through the combined efforts of MedStar Inventor Services and Cleveland Clinic Innovations, a 50-person dedicated commercialization team with ten years of experience and a remarkable track record of success. We invite you to browse this site, and when you’re ready, follow the 7 quick steps to submit an Invention Disclosure Form (below).
If you have specific questions or requests, including requests for a presentation to your Division or Department, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7 Quick Steps To Start Your Journey With MedStar Inventor Services
- Admit you’re creative and want help
- Familiarize yourself with the commercialization process by reviewing the MedStar Inventor Services Commercialization Primer
- Familiarize yourself with MedStar Health’s Intellectual Property Policy, and what it means for you.
- Find the Invention Disclosure Form, Exhibit 3 on Page 13 of MedStar Health’s Intellectual Property Policy
- Take your time and fill out as much detail in the IDF as possible. For any questions that arise during the process, contact MedStar Inventor Services at email@example.com.
- Submit your completed IDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pat yourself on the back for first step well done, and a rewarding process just begun. We will be in touch promptly with next steps for you and your great idea!
Important Documents – To Help You Get Started
**Invention Disclosure Form
**The Invention Disclosure Form starts on page 13 of the MedStar Intellectual Property Policy. Please be aware that the Intellectual Property Policy and the Invention Disclosure Form are currently under review and may be subject to change.